Saturday, August 25, 2012

Psychotic People

The past few books I've read have been strangely disturbing. Most dealt with psychotic characters, dysfunctional families & homicide. And no, I did not pick them up based on these very enticing criteria! Not to say that I did not enjoy them, I loved some of them but I haven't binge-read certain genres like these before.


I picked up 2 Shirley Jackson books because I read somewhere that she inspired quite a few authors, Stephen King included. Now, 11/22/63 was a favorite this year so I thought I'd give her a chance. Then one day, I was at Kinokuniya and saw a yellow cover with bright pink fonts yelling "Hello Kitty Must Die". I picked it up without even reading the back cover. It was certainly nothing like I expected. Next was Gone Girl. I downloaded a sample on my kindle, and a day later had finished the book. Mama mia, talk about what goes behind closed doors.

I was out today and bumped into a really old althetics-mate of mine. You meet people, keep in touch with a few, loose touch with most and then you bump into them from time to time, even if you don't even live in the same city or country anymore. It's a small world after all, right?

A few weeks ago, I was in MCC and entered the Marina furniture store there. I wasn't looking for something specifically but wanted to be inspired, and then I spied a furniture set with very familiar words scrawled on them. I noticed "and don't make dreams your master". I went around and found a few other pieces with Kipling's poem printed on them. It just made me wonder whether the furniture designer was a Kipling fan, or just chose the words because Kipling lived in India, and the furniture was made there.


18 comments:

Karamilah said...

I must say this is a reviving post. Mashallah. I've been trying to pull myself into reading the piles and piles of books on my stables and shelves I just cant seem to finish any book. Im a big failure at that at the moment. I need the inspiration you are talking about :)...

Is the hello kitty book that good?!

Bookworm said...

I know what you mean, sometimes everything seems to stand in the way between what you want to read.

Hello Kitty was weird! Good, but weird.

Anonymous said...

It's great that you are getting thoughts from this post as well as from our dialogue made at this place.

My web-site ... Converse

Anonymous said...

An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment.
I think that you need to publish more about this subject matter, it may not be a taboo matter but typically folks don't discuss such topics. To the next! Many thanks!!

my website; More Help

Anonymous said...

It's actually a great and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Also visit my website: click for source

Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I might like this web site.

He used to be totally right. This put up truly made my day.
You can not consider simply how so much time I had spent for this info!

Thank you!

my site; Louis Vuitton Bags

Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website
and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed
account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.


Feel free to visit my website; Louis Vuitton Outlet

Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking continuously
this weblog and I am inspired! Very useful information specifically the ultimate section :)
I take care of such info much. I was seeking this particular information for a long time.

Thank you and good luck.

Here is my page - abercrombie and fitch

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an extremely long comment
but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing
all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say
superb blog!

Check out my web blog: Chaussures De Football Pas Cher

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another informative web site. Where else could I am getting that type of information written in such a perfect method?

I have a project that I am just now running on, and I have
been on the look out for such info.

Review my website ... Nike Free 3.0

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear, are you truly visiting this website regularly, if so afterward you will absolutely obtain pleasant know-how.


Here is my web page :: source

Anonymous said...

Remarkable! Its genuinely awesome piece of writing,
I have got much clear idea concerning from this piece of writing.


my website :: Abercrombie Paris

Anonymous said...

Nice response in return of this matter with solid arguments and
describing the whole thing about that.

Also visit my homepage :: New Kevin Durant Shoes

Anonymous said...

This information is worth everyone's attention. How can I find out more?

Look into my site - Nike Blazers Women

Anonymous said...

Awesome things here. I am very glad to see your article.
Thanks so much and I am taking a look forward to touch you.
Will you please drop me a mail?

Feel free to visit my site :: Air Max

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this website by my cousin.
I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You are amazing! Thanks!

Also visit my blog post - Cheap Jerseys

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up
losing several weeks of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any
solutions to prevent hackers?

my website; Mulberry Outlet UK

Kelebek Nakliyat said...

BBC inter-city and inter-city cargo storage items, our company is part of the shipping company first comes to mind at the mention of the transport SOME SITE CHARACTERISTICS
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
Şehirlerarası evden eve nakliyat
Şehirlerarası evden eve nakliye
Şehirlerarası nakliyat
Şehirlerarası nakliye
evden eve nakliyat
Kalkavan evden eve nakliyat
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
Darıca evden eve nakliyat
Kalkavan nakliyat
bazacı
baza başlık
Bazalar
Thank you thank you for choosing us