Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Art Deco

I am currently in love with this kind of flooring. Surprisingly, it's from a style I used to hate.
Picture from here
Picture from here
Picture from here

Picture from here

Picture from here

Picture from here

Heard of Art Deco? Whenever I used to browse through interior design magazines and come across something I particularly didn't like, I would find a caption that read something like "Art deco piece" or "revives the Art deco era" blah blah blah. So naturally, I assumed Art Deco was just not me. I taught myself to pull my features into a frown at the sight of the words 'Art deco'. Then, one day, I came across this type of flooring. Automatically my face started contorting into the 'ew' expression, but my eyes liked what they saw. And then after a short lived battle, I smiled. I realized that Art Deco wasn't as gaudy as I thought it. It wasn't all chrome and metal and twisty looking things. There were some really beautiful features to it. Like a lot of things in life, it wasn't all good or all bad; not an 'either or'.  

2 comments:

sadia said...

i love art deco. reminds me of agatha christie :)

Bookworm said...

The days of agatha christie! I think I read almost all her mysteries when I was in my early teens. I was such a fan.