Sunday, May 25, 2008

Last Minute

For the past 2 and a half years, I've worked with the college very closely on various events. Most times I'd be overworked already since I've always taken 6-7 courses per semester, but being a part of the college community had been a priority. I was willing to take risks, when I probably shouldn't have. I felt exhausted, yes-all the time, but also felt satisfied at some level. I felt like I was doing something. Working with them was a learning experience, and it was what some would call professional development. Today however, for the first time, I regreted all the hard work I put in. Sometimes, it only takes one person to sway other's opinion. Maybe later on, I'll get 'logical' again, and be fair about this. But I was pretty disappointed with them today. They let me down. But, why am I not so surprised?
We handed in our first draft of the project on thursday, but it seems we still have to do a bita tinkering w/ the study. We should be done by tonight. I can't wait to get done w/ this. Then I'll have time to work on my other tres interessant projects. How delightful.
Children of Men definitely needs to be read. It took me ages to finish this book. Granted, it's not the type of book I usually read. Sci-fi, futuristic, and that's not my style. Lately however, I've found myself liking these kinda books. Perhaps, I never gave them a chance before. Or maybe the sci-fi book I read ages ago (all I remember is that it was about aliens) put me off them. I started A Golden Age today and it seems quite interesting. Historical Fiction has always been a favorite genre.

2 comments:

Spring-Rain said...

Ahleen My Dear friend

wlek kefik?


el7amde Allah..raa7 kteer Oba2e 2aleel ^__^ hehe YuuUppPpyYYyyyyyyy

Best Wishes DeaR..Wish u da Best ensha Allah

see you tomorrow at da festival WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ^___________^

Bookworm said...

Hey marmar,

Thanks hun, you too =)
Was great seein ya today..let's meet soon.