Monday, April 16, 2007

To Infinity and Beyond

Maple has always been on my black list. Ever since day one of our inevitable meeting, in one of my first math courses in the bless-ed zoo. Basically, I didn't like the fact that it did all the work. I felt like it robbed me of, and you may laugh/snort/stare here, the fun in math. I dabbled a bit with it only when forced and didn't try to dig for any more uses. That, I am happy to announce, is history. Twenty minutes ago, maple and I reconciled and are the best of friends now. We both share the dirty work, and the satisfaction of getting an answer right is distributed between us equally. I spent an hour trying to draw a couple of graphs by pencil and paper. They ignored me completely and just didn't want to be drawn. Maple v10.0 heroically stepped in and stopped me from flinging my book on some unsuspecting 11 pm freej walker. I have to admit it that I was near tears when I saw that my two paged scribblings lead to the right answer. That, I felt, was certainly an experience worth blogging about. It is not every day that I make friends out of long sworn enemies. Even if I fail my final tomorrow, I'll have the satisfaction of befriending maple to be happy about.
Oops. I shouldn't have said that. According to the 5 or so minutes I watched of 'The Secret', my last line sent out negative frequencies that would make my fear happen (yikes!). Apparently, the whole universe is just about attraction, and negative thoughts attract negative behavior/attitude. I would agree with that, but I wouldn't say that the universe was only about that. Kinda too extreme. Anyway, I can't judge, I've only watched a couple of minutes of this documentary. Will leave it for the weekend. Everyone had been talking about the video so I decided to nab it off a friend. Someone told me Opera talked about it. Not that I like her or her biased show. I honestly tried watching her show once or twice, but I couldn't stomach it. Her attitude in the show striked me as being forced and very artificial. I suffer when I have to talk to people like that in real life, so I wouldn't go out of my way to listen or watch something as phony as that.
Well, it's time to hit the books again. Maple, you'll help, won't you?

2 comments:

katheria said...

I don't like maple either now, having never been introduced to it as well! Talk about prejudice ey

Bookworm said...

lol. It's not so bad now that I understand some of it.